Erika A. O’Donnell was admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Western District of Pennsylvania of the United States District Court in 2016. Ms. O’Donnell joined the law firm of Stewart, McArdle, Sorice, Whalen, Farrell, Finoli & Cavanaugh, LLC, in 2019. She practices in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody, support, premarital agreements and postnuptial agreements.
Prior to joining Stewart, McArdle, Sorice, Whalen, Farrell, Finoli & Cavanaugh, LLC, Ms. O’Donnell practiced at Gentile, Horoho, & Avalli, P.C.,a family law firm in Pittsburgh, where she gained experience in high net worth divorce litigation. Prior to becoming an associate attorney, Ms. O’Donnell worked there as a law clerk for three years.
Ms. O’Donnell serves as a volunteer attorney at Christian Legal Aid of Pittsburgh (CLA), a pro bono legal clinic that provides free legal consults to low-income clients. Ms. O’Donnell also serves as the Secretary of the Executive Board of CLA. In addition to CLA, Ms. O’Donnell serves as the Secretary of the Christian Legal Society of Western Pennsylvania.
Ms. O’Donnell is a member of the Westmoreland County Bar Association and Allegheny County Bar Association. She completed the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Initiative program in 2018, a competitive program aimed at assisting young lawyers in developing their professional and community leadership skills.
A lifelong resident of Westmoreland County, Ms. O’Donnell attended the University of Pittsburgh where she earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and Communications. Ms. O’Donnell obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. During her law school career, Ms. O’Donnell served as the Executive Editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce and earned a CALI Excellence for the Future Award for her high achievement in the Advanced Torts course, the Advanced Family Law Advocacy course, and the Family Law Clinic program.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Premarital Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award-Advanced Torts
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award-Advanced Family Law Advocacy
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award-Family Law Clinic
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Member
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Judge Kathleen Mulligan, Family Court Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Intern
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Legal Services, Intern
- Gentile, Horoho, & Avalli, P.C., Associate Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Christian Legal Aid of Pittsburgh, Secretary of the Executive Board and Volunteer Attorney